While planning any move in Orlando can seem like a daunting experience, getting an accurate in-home estimate can take some of the stress and guesswork out of the process. But how does one go about getting an accurate estimate? Look to the following tips to find out how.
- Once you’ve made your initial calls and narrowed down your selection of Orlando movers, call and schedule the in-home estimate appointments. If possible, try to do them all on the same day, spaced two hours apart, as this keeps all cost discussions fresh in your head. Since most appointments typically take an hour, you can use the time in between to make notes.
- Have your spouse take part in the process, or at least interview all the movers. Why? Because too often, each spouse has differing opinions on what needs to be moved, which can greatly affect the estimated price.
- Be clear and consistent during the walk through, and be sure to include all areas of your home, so as not to overlook anything you may want to move from there. Additionally, it is part of many movers’ policy to require estimators to list items not being moved. By that same token, be sure to ask for a copy of the moving inventory from each company, and to check it for accuracy.
- Discuss your anticipated moving dates for loading and unloading. Often, prices and dates go together (i.e. weekends are typically higher demand times, and therefore more expensive). As such, if you’re looking for the best price, be flexible with dates, perhaps picking a weekday rather than a weekend move.
- Ask for a packing and unpacking estimate. Even if you are planning to do your own packing, this step can’t hurt, as you may see the cost as a good value, and ask the movers to do your packing. Or, you may see it as expensive, and will therefore know how much you’re saving by packing your own items.
- Last but not least, be sure to ask any and all questions that you may have. If you don’t understand something in the estimate or the moving process, don’t be afraid to ask, as a good mover will not hesitate to answer any questions you may have to put your mind at ease.