1. Start early. Packing takes time. Pack carefully. You don’t want to be rushed.
2. Don’t overload boxes — this can damage contents. Close carton tops securely. Use heavy masking tape or packing tape.
3. Mark each carton clearly. Note contents and room designation.
4. Clothes – Ask for J&J Metro’s special wardrobe cartons. These will save lots of ironing and pressing later. Otherwise, fold and pack clothes in cartons or dresser drawers.
5. Dishes and glassware – J&J Metro’s dish paks are specially designed to carry your valuable china and breakables. Line bottoms of dish paks with paper. Place well wrapped, heavy items on the bottom. Plates, platters and bowls should be placed on edge. Add more cushioning paper and place fragile, smaller items on top. Then seal. Wrap glasses and stemware individually. Place them “bottoms up” and use plenty of protective paper to cushion their move.
6. Refrigerators — Defrost and dry thoroughly inside. Wrap glass trays and containers like any other breakable.
7. TV’s , Stereo’s VCR’s — Unplug and wrap cords.
8. Medicines — Secure all tops, caps and covers with cellophane tape. Pack paper firmly between bottles. Mark carton “Fragile” and “This End Up.”
9. Jewelry and valuables — Don’t pack them. Keep them with you.
10. Lamp Shades — Wrap each in clean paper. (avoid newsprint which can rub off and soil). Box each separately.